Rate Us

Go Back   MyCoupons.com Shopping Boards > My Home Savings Boards Community > Let's Get Cookin' and Save! - 'LGC'

Notices

Let's Get Cookin' and Save! - 'LGC' This board is provided to share recipes & discuss cooking techniques, problems or ingredients. Don't know what to have for dinner tonight? Looking for a recipe for soup, a cake, cookie, maybe a new chicken or beef dish? Be sure to check the recipes at this forum for ideas and then share some of your own favorites. Money saving ideas are always welcome!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Member

Home Made Crescent Rolls

I am going to make home made crescents for Christmas dinner. I want to practice them once before as I've never made them before. If you have a recipe you've used successfully please share. Otherwise I will use one I pulled from Cooks.com.

Also are there any secrets I need to know to make it better?

TIA!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Ultimate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annadrose View Post
I am going to make home made crescents for Christmas dinner. I want to practice them once before as I've never made them before. If you have a recipe you've used successfully please share. Otherwise I will use one I pulled from Cooks.com.

Also are there any secrets I need to know to make it better?

TIA!
They taste better with little slips of paper in them!?!
No seriously, I found this recipe on Pinterest right before Turkey day and loved the fact that she had gone step by step with pictures.

Take a look,
Delicious Dinner Rolls | How Does She...

She puts the little "fortunes" of gratitude in their family's rolls for Thanksgiving. Thought it was a cute idea.

X

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Member

Thank you very much! Hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out before the big day.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Lifetime Member - Expert

Hi Anna, it has been a while since I have been on, but saw this post and had to send you a link. I found this recipe last year and have made it about 10 times since then. I can get about 12 rolls per recipe despite what the recipe says. The longer you let the dough rise the fluffier and more it will yield. I made them for Thanksgiving, but should have made more. Many people wanted more than 3 each!

Butter Crescents Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Member

Thanks Kristi! Of course I haven't gotten around to trying them yet. Too busy. I hope to get to it this week.

These recipes are similar!

Last edited by annadrose; 12-11-2011 at 03:26 PM.